The Monocoat oil finish can be cleaned once fully cured - please assume seven days after shipment. Cleaning should only be done with Monocoat care products:
- Monocoat Care Kit: includes one 100ml bottle of the concentrated Natural Soap formula and one 750ml refillable spray bottle, available here
- Natural Soap: includes one 100ml bottle of the concentrated Natural Soap formula, perfect for refills, available here
Restoration & Rejuvenation
Over time, you may notice wear on your Monocoat finish and need to freshen it up. Restoration or Rejuvenation is a simple process. Most residences will do a restoration between 3–6 years. Most commercial applications will do a restoration between 1-3 years. The time frame varies greatly based on abrasion and use.
The products for this process:
- Refresh Eco: used to restore the look of the finish, available here
- Universal Maintenance Oil: Used to increase the sheen of the 2C Oil finish, available here
Monocoat 2C Oil’s bonding technology allows local touch up of damaged areas or scratches:
1. Sand the repair area with 120 grit sandpaper as needed to remove damage and expose raw wood
2. Dampen the area with water. Allow to completely dry.
3. Apply with a cotton cloth, the same pigment 2C Oil that was used originally to coat the countertop
4. Let it react for 10 minutes. Wipe the excess oil off with a cloth, dampened with Monocoat 2C Oil
For repairing minor scratches, follow the above instructions but skip sanding.
You may find our offered 2C Oil options, available here
If you’re unsure of the pigment used on your top, please reach out to one of our team members. While we do not stain our products, we may use certain pigments to counteract the natural aging of certain wood species to encourage a beautiful, long-lasting color.
This information is also available on Rubio Monocoat’s website